Sunday, April 10, 2005

Cracking Your Heart

So sorry I have not been blogging for so long!!! Ive been really busy lately *takes a look at the counter* 49 days ... -_- This is really not helping me. Friday was normal, not a bad day actually ^^ But no cell that day, spent the night preparing for Camp on Saturday~!! HAha, yupz RR ERB/ARB had a one day camp. Simple camp, the rules? Pack light, cos we are going hiking ^_^

Woke up bright and early Saturday morning and went to PGA to meet everyone. Then off to Who knows where for a 10km hike ending in Macritchie Res. Park T_T We took like from 11am to 5pm to finish the entire thing, but im used to walking so -no kick~ ^_^ Being Senior Guide is not all fun, taking control of a bunch of kids really is mentally straining. Plenty of trash but thanks to my two Patrol Guides it was a breeze (Thanks Shawn and Joshua Peh, ust go easy on the walkie talkies ok? ^_^) Cooking outdoors was fun except for the insects, not that they bothered me ^_^ Many new legends were born on that day which will go down in RR #01 history like that Mount Ophir trip all those years ago...

That night we also cooked our own dinner and slept in tents, But before sleeping and washign up, we had "campfire" so lame lorz!! IT was just a bunch of tea candles together but it did look pretty ^_^ Really pretty in the dim lighting of the chapel (Now i think about it, why didnt anyone raise any concerns about putting so many lighted candles in a enclosed air-conditioned environment??) I was in charge of worship... wah!! So Malu... ARB!!! Why all never sing!! T_T Nvm! The ERG all support me! Thankyew Dilys-chan and co~!! =P And many thanks to my musicians Shawn and Joshua Peh again... I wish i knew how to play the guitar. Theme for the camp was Discipline and Peseverance (obviously to suit the 10km hike)

Argh the commanders get to sleep in our room in air conditioned comfort while we were stuck in tents in the field.. nevermind hahaz, according to them, I will be joining them next year, so I should enjoy my time as a "boy" while I still can, and I am ^_^ That night obviously those monkeys with their inexhaustable energy sources went on playing till late, but I? I guess im Old haha, went off to sleep the moment I could :P I wanted to go train that night, go to the roof see stars and slack but the commanders eating supper there... nvm laz (I think im becoming like Asakura Yoh O.O NOT a good thing)

Sunday, service today esp. the P&W section was all cool, Prayer meeting in the morning was spot on. For all "Sunday" christians whose hearts have hardened over the years, let God break/melt your heart once more. YES, it will hurt, it will hurt ALOT to break your heart and start moulding afresh but the end result is more enjoyable and is worth looking forward to. A christian should be a christian everyday, and behave like a christian EVERYDAY all the time, even if you get no recognition for it or when no one is looking and you think no one knows, but God knows. That is discipline.

Todays speaker was from Teen Challenge, its been a long time since Ive seen that logo, and it brings back many unpleasent memories, countless flag days. TC exists to help youths who end up in big trouble and keep them ou of prison. Cos once youre in you have a record but those who go through TC and graduate, there is no record. So TC is desperately trying to help youths who have gone astray, through the redeeming power of God to change and help them, and keep them out of prison, giving them a fresh shot at life with no strings attached.

Majority of homework now done, just left with D&T again, im going to redo all my existing ideas, really REDO according to Rodger's method, I really find that more professional ^^ and looks tons cooler too but takes twice as much work.

Paul-kun, thnxx for tagging and the song hahaz, it's really nice, has sort of grown on me now that Ive heard it a few times, quite cute too ^_^ And for everyone who's tagged, thank you! alright, song of the moment, many thanks to Sylvia for this song ^_^ I think Im going place one song per week or something ^_^ and maybe throw in a photo

At the Beginning - Various Artists

We were strangers
Starting out on a journey
Never dreaming
What we'd have to go through
Now here we are
And I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

No one told me
I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope
You were there to remind me
This is the start

[Together]
Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a riverI wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there
When the world stops turning
I'll be there
When the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

We were strangers
On a crazy adventure
Never dreaming
How our dreams would come true
Now here we stand
Unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you

Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a riverI wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there
When the world stops turning
I'll be there
When the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

I knew there was somebody somewhere
Like me alone in the dark
Now I know my dream will live on
I've been waiting so long
Nothing's gonna tear us apart

Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a riverI wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there
When the world stops turning
I'll be there
When the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep going on....
Starting out on a journey
Life is a road and I wanna going
Love is river I wanna keep flowing
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you.
-------------------------------------------

Sometimes the road of life looks so tough, and we wonder, how will we ever make it through? Who can I draw my strength from? I remember one year ago Ms Chan gave us this phrase in chinese, and I remember placing it here before, it reads,
靠山,山倒
靠人,人跑
靠自己最好
But you know what after all these time, I have tried, relying on yourself will only help for a while until you burn out and just feel like crumbling and no one more can help you, only God can, I know by now most of you would have already closed this page because of my previous talk about God and all above but please if you made it so far, just carry on. Really, today I was so tired because I didnt get much sleep last night, on the way back I feel asleep on the bus and overshot my stop by ALOT, i was taking 70 and alighted at Yio Chu Kang, ALMOST at the interchange, just about 3 more stops. Crossing the road and to take a bus back I glanced at my watch. I was really out of time, my plans to go home early were almost all trashed. So as I waited I got this feelign that I could try praying for a bus. So I prayed, at the bus stop quietly, eyes closed. At first I just prayed for the bus to come quickly, then I remembered, "The possible, you do, then let God do the impossible" and during service someone said that "If His people get their hearts right with God and pray, things will happen." Thinking of Dily's testimony (Read her 2nd latest blog entry as of this post) tried it out, feeling suddenly bold, I asked that the bus appear right now then reconsidering, I changed it to within one minute. Hearing the sound of a bus i opened my eyes to find it was not a 70, just a 86, just after it left a mere 15 seconds later, 70 came!! It was just behind!! This cannot be a coincidence and we should not rob God of a chance to glorify Him so yea! Thank God for delivering me my bus! ^_^ (And there were many empty seats on it too!)

I did not feel anything but my dear friend informed me that another quake had struck Indonesia again just about one and a hlaf hour ago, she felt it at her home in Serangoon. I'm really thinking now. All these are no doubt signs, especially in Asia, where idol worship is rampant and whole countries can be of one religion. This is a message and a sign, clean up your act, Jesus is coming back soon. I have never felt so convicted and sure of this fact. So sure it isnt funny anymore, time is running short, while youre aliev, make things right before the end.

To end off, Id like to wish Paula good luck on her concert tomorrow at the Esplanade! RJC band will be performing, tickets avaliable from Sistic from the cheapest of $11 to who know where, I cannot go support because I didnt buy tickes and I dont have the money but I wil be here at home giving you MORAL support and I will be praying for you! Thats all G'bye for now, I need to go do my D&T or I wil be in hot soup tomorrow, ciao.

Quote of the Post:
Do not say what you cannot do. ~Thanks Issac

No comments: