Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Thebes (ɣ) Gamma

Heyas!! Whooo- first day of school, so fun :P Orientation is very very fun if you bother to participate and not be too shy. Alot of living stones haha, not in a good way as in like they dont cheer, dont run in games, dont shout bleagh- quite sad, then again, I've shouted myself hoarse.

We started out getting sorted into orientation groups (OG from now on) namely Athens, Corinth (where Corinthians was written if im not wrong, Delphi, Spartha and finally Thebes. I am a Thebeian (cant spell it haha!) and each OG has 6 smaller groups, alpha, beta, gamma, delta, elipson and zeta. Greeky stuff ^_^ Thebes is excellent in games ok?

I'm in Thebes Gamma for those who want to know- and oh oh! Each OG (big ones) has their own identity. Spartha has a wristband (a cloth with the words Spartha written on it) thats very clear, I think Delphi has a name tag thing of sorts with a picture I could never get a chance to see but Thebes is RICH ok? Look at what WE got ^_^



So nice right? They actually painted it, printed it and got it made into badges, solid :) and these are actually quality badges, like the kind your school gives out to those who finish like top 50 in the school cross country or something k? Anyway, we got our groups, Thebes Gamma has 19 people, not including 2 OGLs (leaders) and a OG tutor. She is a PE teacher, reminds me alot of Miss Ming but more friendly and yes quite flustered the whole day haha-

Our OGLs very crap la, those two guys. Dont tell us their name, told us to call them "Handsome" and "Not so Handsome" =.=U lame right? Nevermind, noticeboard have their names haha, but those names were cool when we played Whacko- one of the orentation/ice breaker games, good thing I know the game (It was double whacko la) and some people's names were really easy to remember, someone sabo me but I was quick and didnt have to run around (The cricle was so small a quick lunge and I could sit down again teehee) Im happy to have a name that is tough to pronounce, whacko so seng nang (relaxing) sit down and slack until my partner (behind me) told people to call out my name so he could play Haha!

Then we played treasue hunt, wa I tell you those councillors all bully thebes. Thebe's clues all hidden here and there, other teams easier to find. Then we learnt that in som previous event (Orientation camp or something) Thebes was the best group =.= So we got great leaders ^_^ so its harder for us =.= and guess what? The first three places went to Thebes Beta, Gamma and another Thebes group respectively ^_^ Wahaha.

Oh yesh- Thebes has an alliance with Spartha and Athens, leaving Corinth and Delphi to work things out, they have dubbed themselves since who knows when the Cor-phi (Coffee) we? Are just the Alliance :) Its great to be on the 0wning side.

Oh, must mention the college dance. Wa so crap la! They just lined everyone up into two rows (guys and girls) and there's your partner for the college dance =.= The steps are alright quite easy to follow once you get the hang of it- but I lost myself halfway, no matter, my partner was lost too xD At first we were not too keen but I told her to treat this as an "occupational hazard". Now, if only I could find the song they used for the dance... :D We also learnt the school song (ok la, not as corny as Peicai's and abit longer)

OH yes, the principal looks like she was carved of stone, trained to teach in a boot camp and taught to talk in a orc encampment. And her name sounds very funny too, she had a horrid habit of talking to herself INTO the microphone and losing her train of tought. Haha- nevermind, old people are like that xD Then we met the two vice principals, one for academic issues the other for other general issues. Can't remember their names =x

Oh, and everyone flashback 2 years back to sec 3E, remember this psycho PE teacher? Seems like he LEFT Peicai and JOINED SRJC =.= I hope I dont get him for my PE teacher... Ok ok I'm done for today, more fun tomorrow- it's GAMES day! ^_^ And we are going to get -WET- for sure. Sounds fun :P

Quote of e Post:
Discere Servire

No comments: