Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lost in Emotion

Day two passed in a flash- less all round shyness and more fun and co-operation within the teams and OG. And one simple realisation, if we stick together, as a team that is and ignore ourselves but think more on a group level we can do ANYTHING. Games today were meant for us to get dirty but hey- if we get wet/dirty we all get wet/dirty together, and we win games xD

No more college dance, not that everyone is complaining (ahem- cough cough) and now for the next three days we are learning the mass dance, a confusing mix of steps and moves that got everyone huh? Asking the councillors we discovered they mastered it (mastered as in able to execute the whole thing accurately without reference in time with the music and all) in a week or two- wait a sec and we get three days?? =.=U But it is very funny to watch everyone try to dance haha- the guys (me included) are almost half hopeless.

The song used was "lose control" for the mass dance, now if you know that song, think it through and see how fast the pace is, then go "My gosh" and laugh. Now compared to "Lost in Emotion" for the college dance that was hyper fast- woosh. Did I mention the OGLs know it too haha, not helping.

Then moving on to more serious stuff, today was our first of our combination talks. Its so odd, because I filled in my PAE form haphazardly and I was accepted into the science stream even though I CAN'T be in that stream so when the whole OG (Thebes Gamma) was having their talk along with all the other groups who took science I was packed along with Thebes Alpha and a bundle of other pupils (about 50 odd or so) and herded into a Lecture Hall and in 30 mins we were given a brief explaination about the H2 and H1 thing along with the combinations offered. And here's the sobering part

I cant get into any of the combinations. Stunned? Yes- very. I cant take any combinations with H2 Art cos that needs O level art, nor Maths at H2 levels cos that requires a O level A math pass, and I dont take A math. The biggest blow fell when I also couldn't tke Lit as that needed a Combined Humanities score of B4 or better, that was the only condition I saw, and I got a A2 by the way BUT they also tacked on a required pass in O level lit and I dont take Lit no more! Because of being repeat thus I dont reall have my choice of courses- seriously, PoA and D&T are worth crap in JC la!

Now Im very sad, very very, but I'll try to take Lit because they said I can try to ask by presenting my English marks to show that I'm competent in language and if need be I'll show up my sec 3 Lit marks along with a letter from Miss Kodi if need be. I do hope I can take Lit, I've been looking forward to this SO MUCH! It's been my mini consolation since I have been unable to take Lit when I retook sec 3, that I can always pick it up again at Jc level, I do so hope it passes through, please pray for me!

Starting tomorrow and Friday we are going on to heavy stuff, actual deep assesments of the different subjects so we can make a wise choice come Monday (or was that Friday?) Anyway, orientation ends on Friday and it is 100% confirmed the OG will split up because of the Arts/Science thing (for me at least) *knocks head* Why was I so dumb to put Science =.= Sure we got a cool ass kicking OG but I have to leave them all behind, it only makes it so much more painful. I just hope I have proper classmates and can make great friends, and favour in the tutor's eyes of course-

There off my chest, even the weather mourned with me, it was raining on the way home and my umbrella is broken so I walked hom in the rain. Quite refreshing and cooling, then when you dont mind the raindrops and ignore the fact you are getting drenched, and look up to the sky, you feel so small, along with your little petty troubles and worries. God provides, always, I will trust Him. Like my nick I will remember, "above all, I live for Your glory".

Quote of e Post:
"Lost in emotion, I can't redeem it"

No comments: