Thursday, July 14, 2005

Weird Things of the World

Ok, sorry for not posting so long and for my little outburst at the end of my previous post. Mock exams daily is no fun task. Had Social studies today, so the source based was, *drumroll* on Northern Ireland. In one of the sources there was a term "fenian-lover" used (You can find this is e workbook i think) so checking it out i discovered something odd.

The term "Fenian-lover" is used on protestants who mingle with the catholics, but checking up on fenian it means -> One of a legendary group of heroic Irish warriors of the second and third centuries A.D. So in what way is loving a piece of history a degradory term? Another senseless insult, for yet another senseless insult (beware! vulgar and may offend some, do not visit if you have a weak heart) check out Weixin's blog!

Been going out nightly to study for the past 2 days, so far so good, we are making great progress, although pratically no work was done on the first day. MT Listening Compre tomorrow! O.O Oh my! HAha, it should be ok, Im fine... Im fine... Im Fine, breathe in, breathe out haha, ok crap enough. Next is abit of "vital information" for everyday life, "Tip for food lovers, use your wok to cook instant noodles! Tip for lazy people, don't use your wok to cook instant noodles!" Washing up is a chore.

Is is just me or is the entire PCSS sec4 and 5 totally unconcerned about the coming Os? So much so I think ive ben grossly affected. Im sooo slacky now-a-days in class, not a good thing. Day in day out I hear people talking about DOTA, MS, ID/MT so on and so forth, what ever happened to studying?? 4E is a entertaining class, but just yesterday Miss Shim said "Do you people just keep laughing to hide your fear for the coming Os?" for many that just rolled off, but I think, she struck a chord there amongst some of us... Nice words :)

LAughing and laughing, the mock exams are no laughing matter. The pupils are sick of it, the teachers are sick of daily marking, so now the school is looking into it. Seriously, even the most studious student will feel the drain if there is a mock exam everyday after school meaning you only get to go home at about 4:30pm. And teachers who teach more than one class will absolutely suffer marking the scripts eg. Mrs Datta who teaches every PoA class cos she is like, the only PoA teacher?

Wel on the flip side, because of all that, no teacher can give too much homework, at elast they know reason. I hope the school does something soon, or the detention room wont be able to hold all the people who purposly give Mock Exam the slip because they are too stressed out (or just to go and wreck havoc/play). As of now, I think the students have "unofficially" boycotted mock exams by not turning up or just turning up only not to do any work.

Eh... the newspaper person just came to ask for payment for the month... 45 bucks, I told him to come back another day as no one was in and she did, very grudgingly. Wow! Do I look like i have almost 50 dollars at my disposal? Ha~ I feel abit sad for her.. looks like she walked in from outside because she needed to collect from every house.... Feeling abit bad, then just walk back and seat myself infront of this screen and continue blogging, there she is imortallised as part of my blog :)

I'll be changing my skin soon, the layout looks abit too plain and I have a new idea but I will need some help and my trusty new camera to make it materialise and for about 80% of the peopel who read this, NO, you cannot help me :) Just kidding, I dont need any help, I just want to try out for "project pilot" (check out artscentral news for more details) wait... how did i deviate till here??
nvm, skip that lsat line, I always deviate, like a train that de-rails automatically.

LAst word before I leave, "the one who throws stuff" has been renamed to "the violent one that pulls people about". haha ciao

Quote of e Post:
Success is a value determined by others but happiness is a value determined by yourself

No comments: