Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Attitude and Ambitions

Hmm, really not blogging well, more due to the fact that my modem is gone every night by 10:30pm meaning I wont be able to see about 50+% of everyone online but that's still alright, I hope. Haha, the week has been merciful so far, getting used to mock exams today.

This morning was cool- literally. According to Miss Kodi something about typhoons in China, we were having a wind + rain storm. This is probably one of the few times Ive really heard the wind howling, you can practically hear it go past, outside the windos you could see a tree in the distance really BEND over~ quite scary. The winds were that strong, sure it was windy and cool for a while, then the things our our desk began to fly, even excercise books could move~ The cabinet door began banging (ours cant lock) and it was chaotic, even after closing the windows, the lights and fans were shaking due to the wind coming in from the ventilation gaps above. When we opened the windows to get a peek water burst in up till half the classroom's length. That was enough to deter mischief makers. Rather fun -smirks-

Im not like Ah^Wei to schoot down an entire school of people, but this I must disclose. IN went around doing a survey about what your hopes for Singapore would be wehn you are 40 in various~ how to put it~ elite secondary schools. And amongst the entries published, there was one from RGS (not mentioning name, she's only 13 btw) went "I want to be a very successful person - I want to win the noble prize." Now notice this, this entry was all about the "I" and she used "THE nobel prize" instead of "A nobel prize" in what area she did not specify, but the use of the denotes a singular, exclusive usage, more of the I. Though I do admire the idea and respect such a noble ambition, the focus on "I" just disturbs me somewhat. (She also sort of gave her school a bad name for potraying the arrogant image but I wont touch on that because I never gave it actual thought -harmony- everyone -harmony-)

Are people now so selfish? Looking only on the inward. I is the middle of sIn. Focusing on yourself will hurt the people around you, unless you can care less, or as one person put it "for every failure around me, I see my stepping stone to success". Why is there a rush for success? I like this quote "Success is a value determined by others, but happiness is a vule determined by yourself" you need not be successful to be happy, and happy people are not always successful. In fact, the happy people are those who are not successful, but look at it positively, take it in their stride and carry on.

Hmm I was plannin to write to the catalyst about Charlie and the Chocolate Factry before the movie began showing to talk about the book but im a little too late it seem. The catalyst is "publised" once every 2 weeks and CCF opens on the 4th of August (This coming Thursday) so I think I missed it =) I want to watch the movie *drools* Haha literally

Dropping off now~ Be back in a few days I'll update you if necessary, So Ciao~!

Quote of e post:
If everyone keeps thinking in reverse, when will it ever end?

No comments: