Thursday, April 27, 2006

Point Blank

Things have been pretty rough these few days. Like a mini cold war of our own is going to erupt in a2, that aside, i havent blogged all week. Partially because besides the usual, school, lecture, nap, next lecture, tutorial, lunch, school, miserable trek home nothing much ahs been going on. Not that I remember.

Today we got off early (ok just 5 minutes, but someone was making a big deal out of it) for a lit play, Death and the Maiden at the DBS Arts Centre ^_^ Pretty interesting play, there was one real gunshot haha the smell of gunpowder filled the air conditioned theatre for the next 10 minutes at least. Went ot Liang Court to eat after that, didnt visit Kino or have a chance to browese the supermarket, but the food down there is kinda pricy no? Tastes alright though, just remind me not to touch sour plum again, the word sour was an understatement bleh.

"If I had the power back then, if only I can get a hold of such power...Anyone who has cried over his lack of power with think that...Probably...But from the time you get a hold of that power,you become the one who makes others cry. Don't you ever forget that." - Quoted

Power eh? So when people feel they want power to change something, and when that power is granted to them (or they grasp it on their own) will they put themselves in their target's shoes? Chances are more often not- The overwhelming need to administer "justice", or wreck vengeance on their "persecuters"?

A very pacifist view would be that if everyone relinquished this power, then in equality and without reason for fear there will be no more conflicts. Excessive power will only bring about more conflicts. I cannot accept that view~ in me I can feel it-

Power is necessary, because conflicts continue to exist.

Still I ask you people... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? DO YOU PEOPLE WANT ANOTHER WAR?!

We have 2 years to go. Or exactly about a year and a term or so to go. JC life is very short, "2 years" without all the reductions is already a ridiculously short time. I don't think I can stand two more years of warfare. You have the numbers, today we hit the brink, someone has clearly defined the front lines- and taken his stand.

No more shall fall in this meaningless trivial squabble. I don't make threats, all Ive ever done was establish treaties, or try. Compromise on my part is no solution, the past has poven this full well.

You're afraid aren't you? You dare not look upon my countenence or look at me straight in the eye- even from a distace (according to you stand) Are you afraid of what you will see? Truth hurts, bear with it, the irony of it all is that you can sit through the class with a straight face and display each symptom listing it off without seeing them in you.

A pledge to the lost souls ~ I will end this war. It is me you want, leave the others out of this. Violence is not a solution, yet it is the one you turn to most frequently, free speech comes with the price of responsiblity.

Learn that.

Quote of e Post:
It's easy to pull the trigger,
but it's tough to reclaim the round

No comments: