Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reflections 06

Wow, its already the second last day of 2006 and I haven't blogged in almost two weeks. So much to say, so much so I have messed it all up in my mind's clock. Where exactly did I stop last time?

It brings more then tears to recall this year.

2006 went by really fast

from starting jc during PAE to meeting my beloved OG (Thebes Gamma will live forever)

from Chinese New Year to joining the Music Society.

Remember the one with the college dance, or the one about results collection.

What about the time when I got into SRJC again and the episode with Steven Tay and my letter fighting for the right to take Lit at A-level?

Followed by the one about becoming a PL and meeting the extra wonderful people who love SR.

Then theres the one with 1a02 and how the class went through hell and high water.

I recall fondly the one about Project Work and the team shuffle

along with the one concerning AJTC and meeting all the people again.

Then the one about joining ycp and making more friends.

Between windsurfing with the Rangers

and Ps Rachel leaving Youth Alive for Aaron to take the lead.

To helping out at the DTC as a patrol advisor

From SMUN at NUS to the CSSP Challenge Camp and all the fun of being a logistics head.

Then comes Cmdr Elaine's wedding and all the fun we had helping out.

Then the 19th Council Investiture preceedes Fesitval of Praise

and Teacher's Day. Oh how 1A02 bonded for the carnival and our smashing haunted house, everyone looked ghastly beautiful.

As the threat of promos and the final PW written report loomed over our arched heads, and we fought through the tunnel with no light ahead until the coming of the last paper.

Promos results proved devastating, the class was cracked, but not broken. Shawn and Yolanda, Arts2, never forget

We topped it off with a beautiful but tiring Oral Presentation session for PW.

Then Crystal's brithday cum halloween celebration followed by the Jc1 bash and the Jc2 prom night.

Church camp was highly memorable and great things began to move but something was still missing and I longed to know more.

I remember just not so long ago when heartware network drew us in to sell bears just around christmas time and it was just the week before HG2T had their mini sleepover cum thanksgiving session which immediately led into

the Rangers Christmas celebration and carolling with the AJO people

Sleeping over after carolling and volunterring for CCIS on Christmas night itself.

And a few days later, here I am, in my chair, recounting this long year.

I look back and I wonder how it all went past and how could I ever forget. God was there all along.

Best moments~ my first college dance. being in thebe gamma. acting as a pl. ajtc. dtc. smun. halloween. church camp. post christmas- thanks Edina.

And this is the year, although very late in the year, God made a very big difference in my life. Its not the Church Camp, it wasn't even Ps Aaron's sermon the week after. Those were great, but that was merely groundwork for the great things that were to come. Oh, how great things appear in small packages.

Thanking God, HG2T, 1a02, all Rangers, srjcians, bethelites, old friends and new ones too

Special mentions include God, the entire HG2T, Mdm Ainon, Mr Mark Rozells, Jonathan Jiang, Edina, the ER commanders, Sylvia, Acz and Jarrold

I dont think I've missed anyone, feel free to slap me if I missed you. 2007 is coming soon, Im not in the habit of making resolutions but I expect more out of this next year. Like Paula said, the next year will be full of struggles. We will all need to depend heavily on God for strength. For some, its A levels, for others, its starting a new schooling environment, entering army, starting work or even getting hitched. No one knows what the future holds. "Many things about tomorrow, I dont seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand." "For I know my future's in your hands, all of my hopes and dreams and plans" - In God we trust.

No comments: