Sunday, September 25, 2005

Eventful

Well well, Yes I have been neglecting to blog. With some reason. Prelims just finished on Friday, quite a relief and then again a reminder that in only a mere month, the most important examination of my life will come to past. But school aside, I'm more passionate about, other things.

Last saturday was sweet, not really all sweet but fun enough. Arriving slightly late for Rangers (I have a bad habit of not being able to enjoy the bus ride) beret and all a rude shock presented itself. I was supposed to lead Opening Parade. Fascinating actually, it was quite fun. Despite my slightly rusty memory (the last time I gave commands was... who knows when? In sec 2?) I think I did pretty well. Once you stand at attention before the parade all that old NCC kicked in and it was splendid. Normad took this Saturday's and despite some lack of practise it was fine enough, now I eagerly await next saturday when it is Dilys's turn to lead, it should prove highly eventful.

Last week of prelims was totally a bore. Some of that fire fizzled a little and I tihnk I did far worse then my first week, the concentration was just not there. As was the mood to cram, absent altogether. Oh well, coem tomorrow the results will come back in, only time will tell. I believe they will be quite shocking. I believe.

I anticipate the comign of this weekend, ah yes, with a promising zone gathering on friday and CoA on saturday (I slogged very well for those awards, I deserve it) Ooh and Church Camp registration. I have to go, it thrils me down to my inner core, last year turned my world upside down and inside out, this year I expect no less . But it's mighty costly and triple sharing, sadly cross gender rooming is as per usual absolutely prohibited [mwahaha] ;) just kidding~ or am I? ;)

My last year in Peicai will not end with a bang, I'm giving prom night a miss. After all, what would I do there? Not being "in" would spoil 80% of the fun and the cost if impressive, I'd rather use that as my downpayment for the church camp. Jean is on the team, as is Percy, Chris, Joanna (no idea who) and Aaron, with Pris as their advisor. Being on the committee is an awesome experience, trust me, I have experienced it first hand last year and it is - I am speechless. I am now at a loss of words, Oh I JUST MISS THE CAMP COMMITEE 2004! Corny as this may sound we will live in my mind forever.

Of all the things in todays message the part on servanthood stood out the most. It became deeply etched in my mind the significance of the act and the concept. I remember something I coped off someone else's blog you might still rememeber not long ago. Something about being a human floormat. Yes I was skeptical, snubbed by the world I was cross, and bitter. I found all humans selfish, only seeking after their own benefit and helping others only if it benefited themselves greater or provided no significant loss. The world was a bleak unforgiving place full of hash, miserly people. It still is, difference being there are some who are not so harsh and not so miserly. Love was a word cheaply thrown around by an ignorant and selfish people. I felt sick to be known as human. I will serve, even if it costs me everything -no compromise.

I truly admire Dilys for one thing. Her outward declaration. Everyone she knows and knoews her is fully aware of her steadfast faith. Even non-shristian friends allow her to pray for them as they know it would be futile to resist, she would do so anyway, not that anyone would complain. In all things, she keeps her focus, on God. And more spectacular (to me) is her overwhelming self confidence and high self esteem. Her declarations might draw ridicule but if she finds it so, who are we to comment? I admire you greatly but I just cant't beat my pride to become like you, nevertheless, if the world is in the balance, what is my pride?

Come morning I fear too much, then again I say I will look to the Lord for strength. We will see, I want to ensure this time it will not end up flat like all those other times, countless sundays at the altar, and countless weeks living life unchanged. There's got to be more to life.

WOAH! It was about 9:55 when i began writing this, it is now 1:08am, because I was reading T.T You know how books fascinate me. Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. Now i have read The Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress and Angels and Demons, only the book Deception point (which is in my bag currently) is left~ i have to go and sleep now or I WILL die in school tomorrow, tata!

No comments: