Friday, August 05, 2016

Day 2 (not quite)

Thursday went by in a blur, and its already Friday Morning so I'll try to keep it brief. Today's topic is on the Lord's family, for us that would be the body of Christ. Ironically, the page layout reminds me this blog was birthed of a different time, yet today's reading reminds us that no Christian is an island and the faith isn't designed that way.

I am reminded of an illustration with coals. Together, they keep the heat high and the fire will keep burning but when a fire is scattered each individual piece loses heat much faster and the overall fire will die out as the temperature drops.

Following the same illustration above, it is easy to start a fire but harder to keep it alive and strong long enough to be useful. The writer mentions it is easy to win converts but comparatively harder to make disciples.

I have to take my hat off to the leaders who have walked thus far with me, their dedication to discipling me and my peers has been a long journey spanning years. Lord, grant me an appreciation for what they do and let me have the desire to be like them. Also let the church be united and not let petty things divide us, instead may every member be a disciple and mentor to yet another, keeping each other accountable, working together to reach outwards to the larger community (like we will be doing this weekend) for Your glory. Amen.

No comments: