Saturday, August 02, 2008

Everywhere

Hooray! I finally got this page up. Blogger has been denying me access all day long. Now I can only access the home page but not any blogs- quite an irritating. MY computer is screwed up, that's all I'd care to say on the subject. Guess its time for a reformat again, nothing else seems to work.

I'm sick! This past week we were outfield and I swear I caught something. My nose runs, my head hurts and the stretch between my throat to my nose feels like its on fire. Eating and drinking is a chore! Feels like I'm going to just suffer this long weekend over.

I'm taking my TP on Monday. By God's grace I NEED to pass on the FIRST try- or be hopelessly left behind schedule. Seems like they've decided to put us back on the course all the way to the end. Meaning instead of me returning on the 5th, I'm probably leaving on either the 16th or in the 20 odd days. A good thing since we get to slack more on course, a bad thing since we are already time strapped to train for taking over operations from the previous batch as it is.

I finished reading Blink! And even though its supposedly some international bestseller I'm sorely disappointed. It was supposed to be a book that teaches you to utilize your innate unconscious instincts of thin-slicing to make accurate snap decisions. Instead what I found was an entire book of examples and explanations on how in certain cases this instincts can be fooled and how in other cases these instincts are not reliable. Basically all he did was to describe in great detail about WHAT and HOW it works but in almost no way did he teach you how to use it better than the way it already is (which is, instinctively). While I did feel a rad more well educated it did absolutely nothing for me practically. Bugger, I'm returning that book to the library asap.

On a completely random note, the bendy buses by TIBS are like so fun. Especially when you stand at the bendy pat on an uneven ground surface! Bumpity bumpity bump bump bump!

Gragh, my throat is killing me, and so is my head. I think I'll like go sleep first, be back online later to settle some stuff. Signing off, till next time.

Quote of e Post:
You're everywhere to me
When I close my eyes its you I see

No comments: