Thursday, April 07, 2016

Countdown to Live Galaxy T-minus 27 hours x Trepidation

I was meaning to make it a series, at least one post every day or every two days highlighting the countdown but like always, time got the jump on me and before I know it - im flying off tonight.

As the clocks ticks my preparation time away I've become more aware of a few issues I'll need to tackle.

Firstly is the weather, it isn't cold enough for snow now but it is cold and windy enough for chaffed lips and dry throats- I'll need to rustle up a scarf and some lip balm before I go. A hat, ear muffs, hoodie or beanie will help immensely as well.

Secondly, In a particularly complex case of my overseas mobile data provider falling ill and disappearing for a few weeks, I finally got my hands on the unit yesterday, sans powerbank. Charging it overnight reminded me of an issue I might face. Without a "room" am I able to leave stuff charging when I'm NOT at the hostel? Seems like an issue we'd never consider but I guess I'll find out in a few hours. To showcase the severity of this potential problem lets list the items that might need charging:

1) Phone
2) Power bank
3) Mobile Wifi
4) MP3 Player
5) 3DS

Thats it for me, other people may also have their tablets, camera, other gaming devices and laptop. I'll have to prioritize what I need powered throughout the day

Thirdly, I'm not sure if I have enough cash to spend there~ minus live goods my spending and eating budget seems pretty slim. Might change another 100+ dollars (thats all i can spare) later before I leave (At ridiculous rates, it was so much better last week). Then again, what if I change too much at this bad exchange rate and get stuck with yen?! Better to have more I guess-

Lastly, my luggage space. Im bringing a backpack- which is 80% full atm and to my horror: it weighs nothing like 20kg. Having bought extra luggage space I feel like I've scammed myself. Even when full it wont hit 20kg, and I dont have much in the way of luggage space. Should I repack into a proper luggage? I'd hate to have to lug it around though, how perplexing. Might run out of space to bring goods back especially if I get any figures at all.

I'm only 6 hours away from my flight and another 16 odd hours away from Japan. Looking forward to updating with more news and possibly some pictures (my phone has no space for videos)

No comments: