Sunday, August 09, 2009

Fate beckons

House isn't exactly the best watching material before bedtime. Its s little disturbing and sometimes just a little too bizzare, Still it is fun- but definitely not light watching. I must have missed A L O T- heck I dont recognise the people in season 5 anymore >.< And who is Amber?

National day is just like any other day to me. I can’t get into the patriotic mood, must be all that getting used to slamming the government or the military. Being in the army, no just being- is strange. I might stop reading blogs. Because it is too confusing.

I don’t understand. Do we al live in such completely different worlds which somehow seem to overlap temporarily once a week- so much so that all rules and logic of each world differs from the other. Reading the things we write, letting our personal magical touch leak out on an entry begs more questions then answers. It does not make sense to me. Who are you, and where is the person that I’ve been with for so long? Am I in a virtual room of complete strangers? Where is that person I’ve been looking for all this time?

It has been some time since Round up but I didn't talk about what I went through during the camp proper save for the activities. The one and only real take away I got was a single word- "express". Now at CGT I got another phrase/word or more like an idea: atrophy. If we don't exercise something, it dies- we need to take action. Faith, prayer, trust, love are all like muscles, without practice they die. Put those two together and I have to learn not only to identify and express (appropriately) what I feel when I feel it as well as having to take action and exercise those long dormant muscles before they completely die.

The theme for CGT was while we are serving, let us not be so taken up with all that we’ve done and forget about fellowship (with God). After all, God made us not merely to do His work, but first of all to worship Him and fellow ship with Him (ref-> garden of Eden)

Edit: Service today was something like confirmation on the take action part. Even though it was more of a buff up service leading up towards grabbing our friends for Youth Anniversary (which I am somehow not so optimistic about- heck I’m rarely optimistic about stuff)

I don't think I am yet dead to love. It would totally suck to realise that I have- and I don’t want to wait till the time comes for me to find out.



Shelter – Corrine May
What's wrong, what’s getting you down
Is it something I might have said?
You're walking around
with your head to the ground
and your eyes are watery red

I know you've been through rough times
Kicked around, thrown to the ground
but you've always been the strong one
So don't tell me that nobody gets you

'cause I'm standing in your corner
Knocking at tour door
You don't have to be alone

Just call my name
Let me be an answer
'cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let me be your shelter my friend

We share a bond
You and I we belong
We're like coffee and morning trains
You strip my defenses
I catch your pretenses
The same blood runs through our veins

I swore I'd be your lifeline
Made a vow that I'd surround you with love at every milestone
I'll listen when nobody gets you
I'm still standing in your corner
Waiting by your door
You don't have to be alone

Just call my name
Let me be an answer
'cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let me be your shelter my friend

It was not too long ago
You sought to understand
You helped me mend
Remember when

So promise me you'll
Call my name
Let me be an answer
'cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let my be your shelter my friend


What do I want? To be by your side during hard times, gently surrounding you like air. Essential but un noticed. And while I don’t hope that you die in my absence, I pray that it’ll make you uncomfortable enough to realise I’m not there. And maybe make me uncomfortable enough to never want to leave your side.

Quote of e Post:
I'm on my way
There seems to be no end in sight
But I know I'll be alright
'Cos I'm on my way

No comments: