Sunday, January 08, 2012

Christmass x 2011 x Blessings

This (well, last) year around Christmas I actually got down to writing cards and packing gifts- and while I did have some time after round up to prep I didn't have a whole lot of time. So if you got a card, be glad cos I really just thought of you (all). These people are pretty special amongst all the special people (and you know it)- but for the others whom I had no chance to meet or time to prepare for... Christmas's 12 days are O-V-E-R ),:

I dare say I've been blessed in 2011, blessed with experience and achievement. Yet as another year draws to a close I wonder what 2012 will hold. Time is running out faster and faster and yet these hands barely held anything.

To the boys who moved up today- I'm sorry that I don't have much to say in the form of farewells or wishes. I am equally ashamed of the praises unrightfully given for I have added nothing of value to these lives. Knowing and helping nothing of their problems and fears, much less being able to speak a timely word. The new sec2 know my weaknesses, flaunting them openly- even in jest it stings that these kids can get the best of me.

To you all, I wish all the best- your lives are clearly marked, bright and promising. There is nothing this husk can give with only old cold winds rattling weakly past these brittle ribs of mine. And at this point I ask myself one thing- Decision, delusion or despair?

No comments: